Friday, June 10, 2016

Gardening and Quilting

This week is hot here in Iowa.  I saw the forecast and knew that I had to get the majority of gardening done early in the week.  I planted some more peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, and squash.


The side garden still looks about the same.  The Anabel hydrangea is starting to take, but some of the hostas are looking a bit sad.


All but one dahlia are up.  The day lilies are starting to bloom.


The roses are still going strong.  The white roses are starting to bloom and so are the coral ones.
 




These turn pink when they get older.


In the main garden I saw the tiniest grasshopper.  The cat mint looks great right now. I can not believe that this is only its second year.



 Soon we will have tomatoes!


In quilting news I won 1st in viewer's choice at the Pella Area Quilters' Guild Tulip Time show.



 I had several other quilts in the show also.

Red and Turquoise Pineapples.  A Bonnie Hunter design.


The block of the month I created for my presidential year in 2015.


A finish last year.  I created the star blocks from charm packs.


I also made this with charm packs.


This is a bed runner and pillow.  It received 5th place in functional quilts.


A Christmas double wedding ring bed runner.


A scrap quilt that did not use up much of my scraps.


 In other quilt show news... This year I made the raffle quilt "Quadrille".  I also won the raffle!  I buy tickets in other people's name and the ticket drawn was one I bought in my grandmother's name!




No comments:

Post a Comment