Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fabric Indecision

The basement is damp. I was going to paint the buffet today. The hubby was going to help me move it from the garage down to the basement where it is not 90 something degrees. But..... Rumble - Rumble - POURING rain again last night left the basement damp. Thankfully, I was working on the craft room and had everything moved away from the walls. Water filled the window wells and came in the window in the craft room. So one corner of the carpet in the room is wet. I have the fans and the dehumidifier down there now and it is drying out nicely. I feel really bad for the people in the area who are having water issues in their basements. (SOOOO Sorry Erin!!) Oh well, I probably needed to laundry today anyway.

I pulled out the fabrics that I am going to use as accents, such as a throw pillow on the chair, and was going to make some stuff tonight. But I CANNOT decide which fabric to use. Option number one is an Amy Butler pattern I have about 1/2 a yard of. Which is really nice or....

Option number two, a Michael Miller pattern that is equally pretty!

Mr. Nibbles cannot make a decision either. Which one hides cat hair better? Where I am, they are. (In fact Cleo is draped over an arm right now. Makes it very difficult to type.)

I also have a vintage table cloth that I picked up this weekend.

Decisions, decisions....

I also picked up other pretties that will go in the room.

This picture I picked up from a local shop called Best of Thymes. They have such pretty stuff. It is a picture of a bird, imagine that. (FYI I am going through a bird phase right now)

I also picked up some flower arrangements from Hobby Lobby. I think Heaven will look a bit like Hobby Lobby. That's a little sacrilegious isn't it?

Now if I only had some white pottery to put these in..... Oh wait! I collect that also! How handy.

This room is going to be soooooo girly. I do not know what has come over me. Well, time to go do something productive, like putting away all the laundry that I have washed and folded today. Boo, Hiss!!!

1 comment:

  1. My vote: AMY BUTLER! I love it!

    Hmm, hmm, hmm. I am so glad that I have gotten to know you! You are after my own heart... sheesh, I LOVE this post! :)

    Thanks for the shout out! :) We had this issue first happen back in June with the water, and we opted to go cheap and put in remnants, because we knew it would be a while before we could afford the "real fix" (outside/drainage). At any rate, it will all be fine and I will have a SECOND chance to go through and reduce my stash. Adam said this morning, "Apparently God doesn't think we got rid of enough stuff last time." Heh!

    We will survive, as always!

    I can't wait to see your finished room!

    OH, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage table cloth! I have a few... I am going to turn two of them into dresses for the girls.

    OH. OH! I love your milk glass too... (that is milk glass, right?) Yet another thing I have been eager to collect... I have the perfect idea in mind for how to display it...

    Fun fun FUN!!!!!!!!!

    erin

    ReplyDelete