Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whew...

The last couple of weeks have been crazy but good.  We started school.  Some were happier than others about it. What you can't see is me, behind the camera, doing cartwheels.  It has been a long summer.


In all actuality.  Both were happy to go back.


My parents have not been able to be in Iowa as much this summer because of Dad's eye issues.  So one day last week we packed a picnic dinner and went up to their place and Nathan mowed the large sections of yard. 


The kids had fun with the swings papa installed.





It seems to me that we  have not gotten alot done in the last couple of weeks.  It is hard to get back into a routine.  I am discovering that I need a solid routine during the day so I don't waste all my alone time.  It is quiet in the house.  I am trying to to have the TV and radio on all of the time, but it is really quiet here. 

On another subject, we have had an extremely wet summer in central Iowa.  Some people have a sense of humor about it.


This is the view from Mom and Dad's place.  Water is not supposed to be there.  That was a corn field.


But in the last week we have not had rain (except for today) I forgot that plants outside need water.  I think I killed about 1/2 of the plants in the pots.  Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment